Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A Jolly Good Cause

Why do bad things happen to good people....

A few weeks ago I met Helen Jolly IRL!! at the Camp mojo retreat and she is simply a gorgeous person - speaking with her you had the sense that her family was everything to her and that life was good.

On Monday her husband was killed in a motor vehicle accident on the way home from work - just like that her life has been turned upside down. With 2 young boys she is facing this with incredible strength and determination. Watching another close friend go through this over the last 15 months I know how much heartache there is ahead and the struggles this family will face. The lose of a spouse or loved one is one of my greatest fears of mine and don't know how I would cope in this situation. My thoughts and prayers are with you Helen and your boys.

Some wonderful friends of hers have set up a Facebook page (with her knowledge!) called A Jolly good cause where you can make a small donation that will be forwarded onto the family to help where it is needed. Give up that cup of coffee today and make a donation - all donations above $2.00 are tax deductible :) Please LIKE the page and follow the link - it is the least I can do..


The scrapping community here in Australia has once again shown how wonderful and supportive it is and that is comforting to see.

Thankyou

6 comments:

Ava Gavloski said...

Mel, you are a good soul, for thinking of the family .

Cahos' Chaos said...

Prayers to the family.

Jan Garber said...

How awful! You are so sweet for putting things on hold and taking a moment to send out prayers to the family. Blog hops and other events seem so unimportant when things like that happen. My thoughts are with your friend.

wilson.marie65 said...

My prayers and thoughts are with the family...bless you for being such a wonderful person....

sharon g said...

I'll be praying....

Chris Dring said...

Mel, you have such a good soul! My prayers go out to the family.


Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Followers

About Me

My photo
Always busy on the highway of life :)

Search This Blog