Friday, March 16, 2012

BFF

Don't you just love it when a LO just happens to fall together infront of you and you love it - well this is one of those!!! January had a few busy busy days in getting projects done for the Graphic 45 design briefs and towards the end of it I so wanted to do a LO using Olde Curiosity Shoppe (can you tell this is one of my new FAVOURITE ranges ;) ) and I grabbed my photo and as I wanted to make it "pop" on the page I used black cardstock for my background sheet. Then the rest of it was created by tucking in bits of scraps pieces I had leftover on my desk - TRUE!!!!! Cut out a couple of the tags, add a peacock feather (no idea why I have one of these in my stash :P ) and VOILA :) Sometimes it is so good NOT TO THINK - just stick and place (although I never stick anything down till I am happy as when I am sticking down I then use a lot of 3D foam tape to give it a lot of dimension :) )





I also had another LO earlier this week up on the G45 blog showcasing ABC Primer - another stunning range of papers that is simply PERFECT for those school photo's!! You will find a lot of my LO's are interactive and last year Scrapbook Creations Magazine asked me to write an article on Interactive LO's - it is now out and on the shop shelves if you are interested but this is one of the LO's I have used to demonstrate how easy it is to go that one step further and create a bit of interest in the LO - movable scissors :) and envelopes discretely placed behind matted photo's are perfect for this!! Hope you enjoy


3 comments:

Cindy Gay said...

Ah yeah! That's perfect!

Catherine SIWCZAK said...

incredible colours !

Jasmine S said...

Hi Melanie. My name is Jasmine and I just wanted to pop past to explain something....
I am currently on the CT for Scrapbooking Memories. I handed in one of my projects a couple of weeks ago (which will not be in the mag for some months) and then this week I had a look at my Mum's copy of Scrapbook Creations and OMG. You had created a page with a spinning wheel...I nearly fell over. This was the technique I had just used on my project.
I can only think that two great minds think alike.....lol.
I just really wanted to let you know that I have not copied your idea even though my page has not been published yet.
Thanks
Jasmine


Total Pageviews

Followers

About Me

My photo
Always busy on the highway of life :)

Search This Blog