Saturday, August 4, 2012

Twiddleybitz True Blue 2012 classes

What a absolute delight it has been teaching a great bunch of ladies at the True Blue Craft Fair the last couple of days. Over 30 individual classes taught and loved everyone's final finished projects!!! As promised below are the photo's of the finished projects if you want to continue to add and create with your own. If you have any questions please leave a comment and I will answer them in the next blog post!

Set of 5 Christmas Cards
Playing with chipboard and oxide pigment paints and stencils - love these - hope you all did too!!!!  I have included an extra too just for inspiration - they were simply painted with the oxides and then coated with Tim Holtz's Rock Candy Crackle paint.




Toot Toot Steampunk Mini Album
Like I said in the classes mini albums are fun - the worst bit is covering each page with paper before you can sit back and play!! Lucky you had all the papers precut so here is the album with each page as you open up the album.
 Then the individual pages for you to give you some idea's for when you add your own photo's.





OK and now for those other little hints and bits and pieces I promised I would post and before I forget with my glass of wine!!!

If you have trouble getting an item from your local store  (please ask them to order it in from Twiddleybitz first!) try Scrap Sanity - Tiff is a TBZ expert and will send anywhere!

Glues I use are and always have been Helmar's range of wonderful stickiness!! For ribbons use the Helmar 450 so to hide the wet glue marks on ribbons and it is the best for sticking metal etc.. Other great ones by Helmar is the blobby Liquid Scrap Dots (remember this needs a while to dry!) and the Premium Craft Glue (PVA glue) and you can get these by going here or Spotlight carry a good range too!

Projects you asked about
Miss Charlotte.





And the frame of Jess that someone will do x 3!!!!



I am trying to find the material list and will post shortly once I have found it somewhere in my document files ;) It was texture paste around the frame I used with black gesso and various types of gleam waxes..... Graphic 45 Communique papers!

Um... was there anything else???? been a busy couple of days! Link to Tim Holtz is in my sidebar..... If you have any questions at all please leave a comment and I can get back to you either in the next post or two or via email if you leave a contact detail!!

I do hope you had fun playing - remember to try anything and nothing is a mistake!!! Just enjoy creating :)


2 comments:

scissors said...

Hello Melanie,
It's true that we always use chipboard and oxide pigment paints, stencils in the season of Christmas but these new ideas gave us a surprise. We loved it really. Thanks for sharing here.

Dearestbetho said...

using blog as a diary.....
good idea....

if you don't mind please check this out:
http://cool-ordinalshirt.blogspot.com/


Total Pageviews

Followers

About Me

My photo
Always busy on the highway of life :)

Search This Blog